Enroll in a program that provides 1:1 private swim lessons and begin learning how to swim today!
We’ll send a private swim teacher to your location and pool or you can sign up to join us at our location for your private lessons.
We’ve worked with many adults who wanted to learn how to swim, get over a fear of water, or just become better swimmers overall.
No longer will you feel left out from water activities.
Whether if it’s scuba diving lessons while on vacation, pool parties or family reunions at the lake, or just going for a relaxing swim in your own pool – swimming will no longer be an obstacle.
Book a Peace Of Mind Swim Coach and learn how to safely and confidently swim in any situation.
Adult Swim Lessons San Diego
Learning how to safely swim is a lifelong skill worth learning in itself.
Did you know that swimming lessons, or swimming in general, can also improve your physical and mental well-being?
Swimming lessons can:
- Improve your strength
- Improve your cardiovascular health
- Improve your mental health
- Improves sleep
- Aids digestion
- Provide relief from chronic pain
Adults and kids alike can benefit from swimming regularly.
Some less thought of benefits of swim instruction includes: passing on safety swimming tips to your children and friends, knowing how to properly respond in case of a water-related crisis to save lives and prevent drownings.
Having the ability to swim is a priceless skill.
In your class, you will learn life-saving aquatic fundamentals and skills, proper swim techniques, confidence to face the water in any situation, and more.
These are skills you can pass along to your children and friends and can benefit a whole community really. Knowing how to properly respond in case of a water-related emergency can prevent drownings and save lives.
Is It Possible For Adults To Learn How To Swim?
We’ve worked with adults who have tried some form of swim lessons in the past with little success. We’ve worked with people who have a deep fear of water.
It’s common for adults to not know how to swim or for adults to have a fear of water.
An even more interesting fact is that only HALF of the adults only know how to swim well enough to be able to save themselves in the water.
About 54% of adults can’t swim well enough to save their own lives. Another 56% can’t perform the five basic skills needed to swim safely. Are you afraid of the water?
Regardless of your experience, skill level or anxieties when it comes to swimming, we are confident we can help you learn to safely and effectively swim with our one on one private swim lessons.
How Long Does It Take To Learn To Swim For Adults?
There’s no sure answer here as everybody is different.
Sometimes it takes many days or weeks. For some people, it may take many lessons over the course of a few months to make progress with swimming.
Again, everybody is different.
However, ideally, we’ll get you swimming in just a few lessons. Private instruction is far more effective than group lessons for obvious reasons.
So in just a few 30-minute lessons, which can take place over a single week, you can learn how to confidently swim.
Is Learning To Swim Difficult?
Learning to swim, at least so you won’t drown in the pool, isn’t too difficult with good instruction. As long as you’re open-minded, okay with being a little uncomfortable at first, and don’t mind a bit of effort, you’ll do great!
Swimming Tips For Beginners
A few quick swim tips for beginners:
- Get Warmed Up – With stretches, gentle swimming, and gliding.
- Get Comfortable In The Water – Don’t pressure yourself into going into the deep end or doing anything you’re uncomfortable with when swimming on your own.
- Practice Your Breathing – While in the shallow end you can practice holding your breath while your head is under the surface, knowing you can come up for air at any given time.
- Do More Than Freestyle Swim – Work on a few other beginner-friendly techniques like floating, kicking while sitting on the edge of the pool with your feet in the water, or kicking while hanging on to the edge of the pool.
- Work With A Swim Instructor – Hire a private swim instructor or find a learn-to-swim program in your city that offers in-person lessons.
- Be Consistent – Showing up consistently can help with comfort levels and improves muscle memory.
- Celebrate The Victories (even the small ones) – Remember, it can take many months for someone to learn how to swim. Give yourself credit and celebrate the fact that you are trying.
Swimming Training For Adults
Peace Of Mind Swimming offers private adult swim lessons in San Diego and lessons for anyone 18 months of age and up.
If you see that we currently have a waitlist up, all you have to do is fill in the form and we will reach back out to you as soon as possible with more information on how long the wait might be and potential instructors for you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and working together to help you become a smart, safe swimmer.
Remember, keep it simple and don’t set your expectations too high when first learning to swim. It’s a process.
Some of our best advice is to find an instructor or swim coach when learning how to swim. Preferably someone who can work with you one on one.
Do yourself a favor and learn how to swim if you don’t know how to.
It is never too late to learn!